Dr. Bressler received his MD from the University of British Columbia and completed his residency at the Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology at the University of Toronto. Following that, he received an MS in Epidemiology from the Harvard Public School of Health and an Advanced Fellowship in Inflammatory Bowel Disease at Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School.
After his advanced training at Harvard Medical School, Dr. Bressler has continued to treat patients, educate students and share his insights with fellow gastroenterologists at conferences and advisory boards.
He is currently:
- Clinical Assistant Professor of Medicine in the Division of Gastroenterology at the University of British Columbia Department of Medicine.
- Gastroenterologist at St. Paul’s Hospital
- Consulting Staff Physician within the Division of Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition at the British Columbia Children’s Hospital
- Clinical Assistant Professor of Medicine, in the Division of Gastroenterology at the University of British Columbia’s (UBC) Department of Medicine.
- Director of the Advanced Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD) training program at UBC
- Lead IBD researcher at the GI Research Institute
Ranked in the top 50 Crohn’s and ulcerative colitis experts in the world out of 50,000 gastroenterologists.